Should an Amazon seller consider launching Facebook ads? In a world where social media is king, it seems foolish not to take advantage of the platform. With Amazon and Google being very keyword-driven, how does Facebook differ? What makes for a successful ad campaign? Monica Louie, A Facebook ads extraordinaire, joins Kevin in this episode of Maximizing Ecommerce.
Monica dove into the industry in 2015 when she launched a blog. Her end goal was paying off debt. She began to drive traffic to it using FB ads and fell in love. 2 years later, she and her family paid off 120k in debt. She now runs a thriving business and manages 7 figures of ad-spend, helping entrepreneurs master Facebook advertising.@MonicaRLouie joins Kevin in this episode of #MaximizingEcommerce to give a crash course in Facebook ads. Don’t miss this amazing episode! #Ecommerce #AmazonSeller #AmazonFBA #ProductSales #Entrepreneurship #Facebook #Ads #Advertising Click To Tweet
Outline of This Episode
- [3:40] Kevin introduces his guest, Monica Louie.
- [5:00] Monica’s background
- [10:00] How she paid off 120k in debt
- [14:35] 3 pillars for Facebook ads
- [19:30] Targeting your audience
- [24:00] Install the Facebook Pixel
- [27:45] Create content your audience wants
- [32:45] What does it cost to run ads?
- [35:40] What constitutes a view?
- [39:30] Ads can be affected by external factors
- [54:45] Test different titles, ad copy, and visuals
- [50:35] How long should you run an ad campaign?
- [55:00] Accept the help that Facebook’s Marketing Team offers
- [57:00] Connect with Monica
Monica’s three Pillars for Facebook advertising
Facebook ads are a whole different ball game compared to Amazon or Google. It’s a place for billions of people to gather and share moments with friends and family. Advertising on this platform falls into the realm of what can be labeled interruptive advertising. Monica suggests three things for successful ads:
- You must present an amazing offer in the ad.
- You have to place your offer in front of the right audience.
- Your offer must be eye-catching and unique.
You have to stop a user from scrolling through their Facebook feed, pique their curiosity, and pause on your ad. To hear more about Monica’s three-pillar strategy, be sure to listen to the whole episode!
Facebook ads 101: It’s all about the audience
Instead of being keyword-based, FB ads are all about reaching your target audience. But how does one figure out who their perfect audience is? Monica states there are three types of audience:
- A “warm” audience: people who are already engaged with you. They have liked your Facebook page, purchased your product, or are on your email list.
- Look-alike audience: If you have a list built of at least 100 people, you can input that list into Facebook’s algorithm. It will look at their similarities, interests, behaviors, and a plethora of other categories and will market your ad to people who are similar to that audience.
- Targeted audience: You input a detailed targeting section including keywords, interests, behaviors and specific demographics and create what you think is your proper audience.
If you’re starting completely from scratch, Monica recommends installing a Facebook Pixel on your website. It allows Facebook to track conversions and build data to help better target your audience. Kevin and Monica talk about it in detail—don’t miss it!This episode of #MaximizingEcommerce is all about Facebook ads and how to properly target ads to an audience. @MonicaRLouie joins Kevin to share her expertise! #Ecommerce #AmazonSeller #AmazonFBA #ProductSales #Entrepreneurship #Facebook #Ads… Click To Tweet
Facebook ads can be an inexpensive option
Ads on Google can be expensive, depending on how competitive your product is. So what does cost look like for Facebook ads? Monica says you’re looking at mere pennies per view. Facebook ads are a great way to build an audience on a budget. If the product is in a more competitive niche or your target audience is much smaller the cost can go up but you can often keep it below 10 cents.
But what counts as a view? Will you blow through your budget quickly?
Typically, a view is captured if anyone pauses and watches a video for 3 seconds. However, Monica points out that you can separate your audience depending on how long they watched the video. If they’ve watched 50%, you can have them placed into a category for retargeting. In this way, your most engaged audience (further down the sales funnel) will see your ads again.
What kind of content is successful in an ad?
What is the best type of ad to place in front of your audience? A static image? A slideshow or a video? The list of questions one could ask is endless, but Monica simply recommends playing around with different techniques.
Test static images vs. videos—some will perform better than others and those are you what you want to optimize. The same goes for ad copy. She says to interchange different titles and change the voice of the ad depending on which audience the message is going to.
Another way someone can change the ads in a meaningful way is to look at user comments. Do they have some sort of objection? Create an ad that counters that objection or answer their questions. Learn from your audience.
Monica goes on to share other tips and tricks including how long to run ads, budget optimization and much more. Don’t miss this amazing episode of Maximizing Ecommerce! Be sure to check out the link below to get your special FREE offer from Monica.What kind of content is successful in Facebook advertising? @MonicaRLouie shares the tricks of the trade in the latest episode of #MaximizingEcommerce. #Ecommerce #AmazonSeller #AmazonFBA #ProductSales #Entrepreneurship #Facebook #Ads #Advertising Click To Tweet
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Monica Louie
Connect With Kevin Sanderson
Tweets@MonicaRLouie shares her three pillars for Facebook advertising in this episode of Ecommerce. If you’re ready to learn how to run FB ads, don’t miss this! #Ecommerce #AmazonSeller #AmazonFBA #ProductSales #Entrepreneurship #Facebook #Ads… Click To Tweet Facebook ads can be an inexpensive option if you’re looking to dive into advertising. @MonicaRLouie, a Facebook ads guru, joins Kevin to talk about FD advertising. Don’t miss it! #Ecommerce #AmazonSeller #AmazonFBA #ProductSales #Entrepreneurship… Click To Tweet